Rotman Video Essays
Rotman requires applicants to answer 2 video questions for their application. More information about the Rotman MBA video interview can be found here:
Possible Rotman MBA video interview questions:
- What would you like to tell your future classmates?
- Tell about an activity you enjoy.
- What was the the greatest advice your first boss gave you?
- What was the biggest risk you’ve taken so far?
- How would your co-workers describe you?
- Identify an influential figure in your lives, and why
- What do you do for fun?
- What are your passions, interests, and hobbies?
- If you could travel across the United States in a car with anyone, whom would you choose to travel with and why?
- What would you do on a rainy Sunday afternoon?
- How have you handled a difficult interaction? What did you learn from it?
- Describe a difficult professional decision you had to make. What were the consequences, and what, if anything, did you learn?
- How do you celebrate success?
- What trait is the most important to you? Why?
- Why MBA?
- Why you?
- What did you do in the past week that was brave?
- What drives you in your personal life?
- If you had to perform in a talent show, what would you choose to act?
Tag Archives: video essay
September 6, 2017
Preparing for Video Statements, Essays in the MBA Application
An increasing number of MBA applications now include the use of online video platforms, where you must either introduce yourself to future classmates, or record responses to one or more short-answer prompts, before your application … →
Posted inApplication Tips|Taggedadvice for video essay questions, application advice, MBA application, MIT Sloan School of Management, online video platform, video essay, video interview, video statement
February 2, 2017
Prepping for Video Essays and Long-Distance Interviews
An increasing number of MBA programs are making use of online video-interview platforms, where you must record responses to one or more short-answer prompts before your application is considered complete. Why do schools add this … →
Posted inApplication Tips|Taggedadvice for video essay questions, distance interview tips, MBA video prompt, online video interview, video essay
October 28, 2013
Get Ready for MBA Application Videos
In an era where MBA applicants often come across as overly packaged and polished, the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management decided to shake things up last year by introducing a video component to … →
Posted inApplication Tips, School News|Taggedinterview prep, Kellogg School of Management, Rotman School of Management, Video Coaching Platform, video essay, video interview, Yale School of Management, Yale SOM
October 18, 2013
Kellogg Applicants Encounter Video Technology Snags
The video essay, which Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management introduced as a mandatory component of the 2013-2014 MBA application, has hit a few technical snags for some candidates this season. For the video essay, applicants … →
Posted inGeneral, School News|TaggedGMAT Club, Kellogg School of Management, MBA application, video essay
August 1, 2013
Kellogg Adds Video Essay Component
The upcoming MBA admissions season is full of change, as several schools sharply reduce the number of essay questions or word count, require fewer letters of recommendation, and get creative with their application requirements. Though … →
Posted inGeneral|Taggedinterview prep, Kellogg School of Managment, Poets & Quants, Video Coaching Platform, video essay, video interview, Yale School of Management
January 9, 2013
Video Essay, the Future of MBA Admissions?
In an effort to better get to know applicants beyond their stats and meticulously crafted essay answers, elite MBA programs have rolled out a number of innovative changes to their evaluation process during this application … →
Posted inGeneral, School News|Taggedadmissions innovations, Forbes.com, Matt Symonds, MBA admissions, Niki da Silva, University of Torontoâ€™s Rotman School, video essay