Having a clear and informative cover letter is imperative in securing just about any job, and even more so in a management role. We have a number of writing strategies to help you land a great job as a retail manager, helping you establish your credentials with a potential employer.
If you need a place to start, however, our professionally drafted cover letter sample can point you in the right direction. In a hurry? Let our cover letter builder do the work and get things moving faster.
Table of Contents
- Retail Manager Cover Letter Sample (Image)
- Retail Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
- 5 Tips for Writing Your Retail Manager Cover Letter
For any kind of management position, the devil is in the details, so make sure your resume is immaculate. For more advice, see our five tips below.
1. Retail Manager Cover Letter Sample (Image)
The below images show both the Retail Manager Cover Letter and the Retail Manager Resume. Download your own free copy by clicking the link below.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Retail Manager Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Not exactly what you want? We have a collection of cover letter examples to help people interested in various fields.
2. Retail Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
Dec. 16, 2016
Director of Marketing
Nordstrom – Westwood
412 Santa Ana Dr.
Los Angeles, CA, 90210
RE: Marketing Manager Position
Dear Mr. Kerry:
I am writing to apply for the position of Retail Manager at the Westwood branch of Nordstrom at the Westwood Mall. I have in retail as a manger since 2010 and have a wealth of experience in the fashion and clothing industry. In my current position as a manager I have been responsible for over $150K of revenue above and beyond company projections, and have significantly cut costs for my branch. As a matter of fact, my current store has been awarded best branch in Southern California under my supervision.
Beyond simple sales numbers, I have directly trained a large amount of new employees and have shown myself capable of motivating and organizing my team to restock and decorate our store in a very short time. I maintain friendly relationships with all team members and upper-management and corporate alike, and am often compliment for my friendly and helpful demeanor.
Between my years of experience, capacity in management, and career achievements, I am confident I would be a fantastic addition to Nordstrom at Westwood’s management team. If you are so inclined, I would jump at the opportunity to visit you for an interview. Thank you for your time and consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience. Thanks again.
3. 5 Tips for Writing Your Retail Manager Cover Letter
1. Be specific: Make sure you are clear about your previous roles and exactly what your achievements and responsibilities were. Management positions have clearly delineated responsibilities – make sure your cover letter shows you can live up to them.
2. Emphasize skills: Experience is great, but to really shine as a Retail Manager, show that you have what it takes to be in charge. Talk about your motivational abilities and showcase experiences where you used leadership skills to get the job done.
Showcase experiences where you used leadership skills to get the job done.
3. Quantify: If you can use numbers, do it. Avoid simply saying, “Trained multiple employees.” Instead try, “Trained 7+ employees over a 10 month period.”
4. Sell yourself: The point of an application is not to simply explain what you’ve done before, but to show you are the right choice for the job. Instead of numbly listing some responsibilities you had, write about what you achieved while carrying out those responsibilities.
5. In their own words: Take words and phrases from the original job posting and use them in your cover letter. This shows hiring managers you are speaking directly to their needs. Don’t force it, but if you can smoothly stick a few in there it will work to get an employer’s attention.
120 Vyse Street
16th May 2012
Dear Mr Grove
I am writing in response to your retail management vacancy that was advertised today on the dayjob.com website.
I firmly believe that I am perfectly suited to this role as I have the relevant experience, qualifications and future potential that you are looking for in a candidate. I thrive on leading and coaching a retail team, and have knowledge of the latest retail technology, stock control procedures, and visual merchandising methodologies. I have a long track record of running my own store, possess a passion for exceptional customer service and have the ability to listen to customers and understand their needs.
With my present employer, Marches Retail Store, I am responsible for all the day to day site operations, ensuring health and safety compliance, attending to a diverse range of customer queries and measuring commercial performance against set targets.
Possessing an unwavering commitment to the motivation, training and personal development of my staff, I am able to motivate any team by developing their talents and opening the door to new opportunities for them. I make everyone work together because to me everyone counts. I combine my commercial skills with a passion for customer service and driving sales, whilst all the time aiming to make my department the most appealing it can be. In short I make the most out of every opportunity and challenge.
I am currently looking for a unique position with a successful and growing company like yours where I will have a high degree of freedom to manage my own store.
I look forward to meeting you in the near future to discuss this position further, and in the meantime I thank you for taking the time to consider my application.
123 Some Made Up Road
Tel: 00 44 121 638 0026
More Retail Manager cover letter examples
Retail Manager cover letter 1
Retail Manager cover letter 2
Retail Manager cover letter 3
Retail Manager resume templates
Retail Manager resume
Retail Manager resume 1
Retail Manager resume 2
Retail Manager resume 3
Retail Manager CV and resume examples
Retail Manager CV template
Retail assistant manager resume
Retail sales manager resume
Retail operations manager CV example
Retail store manager resume templates
Retail store manager resume 1
Retail store manager resume 2
Retail store manager resume 3
Cover letter examples
CV template examples