32/78 Springfield St
Yellowtown SA 5023
P: 08 2222 2222
M: 0404 404 404
4 Sample Street
Adelaide SA 3000
Dear Mr Horton
Re: PSY296, Psychologist roles
I am writing to apply for graduate psychologist positions with SA Health, as advertised in Saturday's edition of The South Australian. Please find my resume attached.
I recently graduated from the University of South Australia with a Bachelor of Psychology (Honours Class 1) at and I'm interested in working at SA Health as it's a great opportunity to be part of a department which helps so many people in the community.
My psychology work experience has included assisting with research at the University's Psychology Clinic and the Student Centre. My duties have included brainstorming research topics, writing and distributing surveys, and compiling and analysing data. The strong research, analysis, communication and computing skills I have developed during these tasks were put to good use and further developed in my independent research on my Honours thesis topic.
I believe that my hard-working and highly motivated attitude, combined with my professional skills and ambition to work as a psychologist, make me a strong candidate for graduate positions at SA Health.
If you require any more information please do not hesitate to contact me on the phone numbers above. I am available for interviews and hope to hear from you soon.
Psychology Research Assistant Cover Letter
Psychology Research Assistants are in charge with clerical tasks in the context of a research project. This kind of job is available in multiple settings, from colleges and universities to private companies. Essential work duties include handling the correspondence, taking phone calls, typing, operating office equipment, ordering supplies, finding areas that need improvement, making suggestions, summarizing research results, and completing other tasks as assigned by directors.
The ideal candidate for this job should demonstrate the following skills in his or her cover letter:
- Psychology training
- Clerical skills
- Organization and planning
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer competences
- Time management and being able to work under pressure
A well-written cover letter sample for Psychology Research Assistant highlighting relevant skills is provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Psychology Research Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Hamilton:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Psychology Research Assistant position you have available. As a detail-oriented and analytical professional with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology coupled with solid experience in test administration, data collection/interpretation, and administrative support, I have the knowledge and skill set to allow me to contribute toward the success of your research team.
Through my experience and educational background, I have become well versed in conducting psychological research and analyzing and coding data in a detailed and scientific manner. I specialize in the field of child development and have facilitated the success of numerous related tests, studies, and publications. Additionally, I have gained the ability to integrate superior organization and communication skills across all levels of research, enabling me to excel in both independent and team-oriented atmospheres.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Excelling as a Research Assistant for the Psychology Department at the University of Michigan, administering evaluative tests with children aged 2-6 to assess the development of theory of mind; scheduling tests, recording and coding study data, and organizing assessment tools and materials for optimal efficiency.
- Directly assisting Dr. Theodore A. Brockman, PhD, on multiple child development studies and serving as a coauthor on two research papers published in top-tier academic journals.
- Creating and continually updating a database and spreadsheet of preschool contact information for future testing purposes.
- Collaborating effectively and personably with fellow research assistants throughout studies; leading weekly discussions pertaining to current and past research with significant psychological value as relates to child development.
- Possessing key experience in organizing, analyzing, and managing large data sets to drive research project success.
- Providing overarching administrative and operational support, including data entry, correspondence, process improvement, and test scoring.
My keen attention to detail—as well as my proven track record of success supporting complex psychological research projects—will translate into both dedication and diligence for the research work performed for your team.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Timothy I. Lawson